The “Tackle Your Talent” Scholarship was started in 2002 through the Kenard Lang Foundation that was founded by Kenard Lang, a Professional Athlete in the National Football League. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to individuals seeking to go to college who have a minimum GPA of 2.5. We recognize the financial need some students have as they embark upon that road to further their educational goals.
- Must currently be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Must currently be a senior in high school.
- Must be accepted to a 2 year or 4 year accredited college or university. *
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Application must have the signature of your guidance counselor verifying that your academic standing at the date of this application meets the qualifications of this scholarship.
- Must submit a 500 word typewritten essay answering one of the two questions on the application.
- A brief personal statement about yourself and how this scholarship will benefit you.
Documents that must accompany the application:
- Copy of a photo ID or Driver’s License.
- Unofficial copy of your transcript that reflects your cumulative GPA.
- Acceptance letter from an accredited 2 year or 4 year college or university that you plan to attend.*
- Essay and Personal Statement.
- Photograph of yourself (headshot). This will not be returned to you. Please note that if selected for a scholarship your photograph will appear in our souvenir booklet.
Awards for 2015
There will be at least eight thousand dollars ($8,000.00) in scholarships that will be awarded this year. Scholarships will be distributed in increments of $1,000.00.
* Individuals may be selected to receive a scholarship after applying, but prior to being accepted to a 2 year or 4 year institution. However, your scholarship will not be issued and distributed until your acceptance has been granted and verified in writing.